Activities for Children
In the Savernake Team, we provide a range of opportunities for people of all ages to learn more about enjoying life together as Christians.
Parents and Toddlers
Fun and learning activities for toddlers and their parents currently take place in the following parishes.
If you live in a parish which isn't mentioned below, or the timing of your local group isn't convenient, you are most welcome to join in any of these groups.
- Burbage: Parents and Toddlers meet at 10.30 a.m in the Church
on the third Wednesday of each month for a short service
followed by refreshments and playtime in the Church
Centre. For more information, contact Karen Carey (01672
- Ham and Shalbourne: Sunday Club meets at 9.30 a.m. on the second Sunday of each month at Shalbourne School. For more information, contact Christina Rennie on 01488 669066.
Parish Sunday Schools and Activities for Children
Parents and children are particularly welcome at the Parish Communion and Family Services held at 9.30 and 11 a.m. on Sundays at various churches across the Savernake Team. For details, click on the Churches and Parishes Area.
Sunday Schools meet during Sunday worship in these Parishes:
- Burbage - Powerpak (4 to 11 years)
- Burbage -Pathfinders (11 to 16 years) contact Hannah Sykes
- East Grafton - Sunday School is held in the morning on the first three Sundays of each month. For information contact Alex Cox on 01672 810320 or Sally Butt on 01672 810743.
- Chute has a Sunday Club meeting in the morning of the first Sunday of the month. There is a lively Holiday Club every school holiday. For more information on Sunday and Holiday Clubs, contact Amanda Holroyd on 01264 730233.
Children's Activities on Weekdays and Special Occasions
- St Katharine's - Thursday Club for the children of St Katharine's School meets after school each Thursday afternoon during term time.
- Great Bedwyn Church holds a Children's Workshop at 10 a.m. on Good Friday every year. Children up to 11 are very welcome to come to hear the Good Friday story and for activities and refreshments.
- Great and Little Bedwyn hold a picnic after Family Service in July every year. For information, contact Ann Gibb on 01672 870697.
- Crib and Christingle Services are held in various Churches across the Savernake Team every December. For further details see the Churches and Parishes area at this time of year.